The Pokemon Scarlet & Violet players pursuing the Starfall Street path will need to find and defeat five bosses of Team Star. This guide will go over Team Star's Fire crew, the Schedar Squad, so that players can take down the boss, Mela, and her team of Fire-type Pokemon.
Although she only has two Pokemon on her team, it's worth preparing before the encounter and finding a solid Water-type or even a Pokemon with powerful Ground/Rock-type moves.
Where to Find Fire Crew Base
The Team Star fire camp can be found in Province (Area One), in the southeastern section of the Paldea region, just north of Artazon, the home of the Grass-type Gym Leader, Brassius.
Starfall Street: Fire Crew Base Guide
Grunt 1 Battle
Before entering the base camp of the Schedar Squad, players will need to battle against a lowly grunt. He will have a Level 25 Houndour on his team.
Since it's a Fire/Dark-type Pokemon, it can be easily taken out with a Water, Ground, Fighting, or Rock-type move. After he's defeated, trainers can press the button on the gate to enter the camp.
To start the camp raid, players must run around and defeat 30 Pokemon under a ten-minute limit. Players can press the R button to send out three Pokemon to battle with the other Pokemon around the camp. There are a lot of Fire-type Pokemon at this camp, so having a Water/Rock/Ground-type Pokemon will be helpful.
If players take too much damage, they can heal by speaking to the helper by the front gate or using one of the nearby vending machines. Once the 30 Pokemon are defeated, players will face off against Mela, the boss of the Fire Crew.
How to Beat Mela, Boss of Team Star's Fire Crew
Mela has two Fire-type Pokemon on her team: a level 27 Torkoal and a level 26 Revaroom (Schedar Starmobile).
- The Torkoal and Schedar Starmobile are weak to Water, Rock, and Ground, so make sure to use those attacks when possible. The Torkoal we fought used Flame Wheel several times but wasn't much of a problem.
- As for Mela's Starmobile, it'll take a lot of damage before it finally goes down. Again, use the abovementioned types to deal as much damage as possible. Revaroom can use Screech, Overheat, Swift, and Blazing Torque. The move to watch out for is the last one.
- Blazing Torque is a Fire-type move that deals 80 damage and can potentially cause burn, which deals damage each turn to the Pokemon inflicted with it. Don't let any Pokemon get hit with this move unless it's resistant to Fire, such as a Water or Dragon-type.
Rewards for Defeating Team Star's Fire Crew
After beating Mela and her team, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet players will be rewarded with a couple of different things:
- Mela will give trainers the Star Badge
- She'll also give players TM038 Flame Charge (Cloaking itself in flame, the user attacks the target. Then, building up momentum, the user boosts its Speed stat).
- 5000 LP (League Points) (For first-timers)
- Lots of Pokemon materials for crafting TMs at the Pokemon Center.
Rematch with Mela (Post-Game)
After Pokemon Scarlet & Violet players complete all four storylines and roll the end credits, they'll be able to go to any of the Team Star bases and have a rematch against the Team Star bosses. One fight is allowed per day, and this time, they are much stronger. However, it's worth noting that none of the bosses will have their Starmobile on their post-game rematch team.
Mela will have five Pokemon on her team, and they are as follows: Torkoal, Coalossal, Houndoom, Arcanine, and Armarouge. Down below, players should be able to see a chart with Mela's team, along with their weaknesses and movesets. Every Pokemon on her team is at least one part Fire-type, which means players should definitely bring along Pokemon with Water, Rock, and Ground-type moves.
Torkoal (LV 65)
Coalossal (LV 65)
Houndoom (LV 65)
Arcanine (LV 65)
Armarouge (LV 66)
After beating the Team Star leaders, players will get some Prize Money; however, if they participate in the Star Barrage before fighting the bosses, they can earn some League Points.
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet is available for the Nintendo Switch.